I had almost forgotten about this crazy-delicious pizza until I was thinking of making peanut sauce. I used to love a similar pizza at Boston Pizza restaurant, but once they changed the peanut sauce (and doubled the price) I didn’t care for it. So, I spent time perfecting it at home. It is a bit of work, but it is so worth it! A great combination of Thai and Italian food, it covers almost every craving at once! This peanut sauce is very versatile, as well. It can be used in stir-fries, pasta, and chilled over salad or veggie wraps.
Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza With Peanut Sauce
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust (thin or regular work fine)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust according to desired spiciness)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 orange bell peppers or 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup pre cooked chicken breast, chopped (veggie chicken strips work great, too!)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F; do not bake the crust yet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add garlic, ginger, peanut butter, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Microwave until peanut butter is melted (about 1 minute). Mix well with a whisk. *If you have the time, it is nice to slowly sautee these ingredients.
- Take pre-baked pizza crust out of the package and top with peanut sauce, cheese, bell pepper and cooked chicken. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare other vegetables.
- Remove crust from oven and top with remaining vegetables, peanuts and cilantro.
- Cut and serve immediately while the crust is still hot! Enjoy!
*In a pinch, I have bought a jar of peanut sauce at the grocery store-not bad!